1. What are a few things that you are absolutely convinced of (eg. the world is round(ish); you exist; etc.)? What gives you confidence in these things?
2. Read 1 John 5:13-21.
3. What does John say in verse 13? What gives you confidence in your faith? What can negatively affect someone’s confidence? What do you do in times of doubt?
4. What questions do you have in regards to verses 14-15? How have you seen the truth of these verses in your life?
5. What do you learn about our responsibility to pray for other believers in this passage? What might keep us from praying for someone who has sinned?
6. What do you think God wants you to do as a result of hearing this message/reading this passage/participating in this small group?
7. Who are some family members or friends caught in sin who your group could pray for? Finish the night by praying for these names.