1. How has your mother been a protector for you (share a story if you can)? How has your mother kept you from doing wrong?
2. Read 2 Thessalonians 2:1-8.
3. What stands out to you in this passage? Why?
4. What is lawlessness? What is the mystery of lawlessness? How is it already at work in family life? In school? At work?
5. How do you think lawlessness is being restrained? Is the church used to restrain lawlessness? If so, how?
6. Pastor Bill told a story about his mother in which she ended a conversation with him by saying, “Bill, I have won many battles.” Have someone retell this story. What did she mean? How does this story encourage/challenge you?
7. Pray for various institutions in our city (schools, government, marriage, etc.). Pray that evil would be restrained and that God’s kingdom would come in these institutions.