1. For the next several weeks we are planning to focus on living for God in the workplace. Go around your group and share:
i. The job you wanted to have when you were a child and why;
ii. What your current job is (if you do not work for an income, share what you spend your days doing: student, volunteer, searching for a job, stay-at-home parent, etc.). How does your commitment to Christ express itself in your “workplace”? What Bible verses guide you when it comes to working?
2. Read 1 Peter 1.
3. Pastor Bill said that when we are settling matters of identity in our workplace, we need to understand the nature of our citizenship. What does this passage say about our citizenship? What are some of the benefits and responsibilities that we have because of our citizenship?
4. When settling matters of identity in the workplace, we need to understand the nature of our access to God. What did Bill mean when he spoke about this? How does understanding our access to God help us thrive in the workplace?
5. When settling matters of identity in the workplace, we need to understand the nature of our nobility. We are God’s children. What difference should this make to our lives at work?
6. What is one thing you can do this week to better shine for Christ in your “workplace”?